Wednesday 17 March 2010

moving house card

Wow, what a week so far... meetings, tons of paper work, cars to MOT and tax,. travel to visit  an elderly mum and the realisation you have to do 2 seperate birthday parties for small children soon, (1 in a week and the other 3 weeks later!!!) Oh my stars, I am definately feeling the stress. I so appreciate the help I get from my family and my buddies at church.
Here is a card I made a couple of weeks ago for my friend when she finally got to move into a long awaited house.



I used a brown corrugated card, I love the chunky texture they have.

The scalloped edges were created using the  Cricut Accent Essentials cart

and the house is from the Heritage cartridge.

I inked around the house using Tim Holtz Distress ink, (loving the
blending tool!)


sorry for such a blurry photo but you get the idea.

I stamped with a brown ink onto plain white card using a clear stamp the "congratulations" after cutting the flower from Accent Essentials and used the negative cutouts from an early cut out - always think if you can use your tiniest scraps before you throw them!





I think it turned out ok






I hope you like it.

3 comments:

Renee' said...

Love it! Very cute, I really like the colors!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

Your profile write up made me laugh! So funny. You must be a hoot to hang out with!! I liked your card a lot. I hope you don't mind but I posted a picture of it in my reply on the Cricut message boards so more people would look at it. It's SO WORTHY of fantastic comments! You did a terrific job on it!

scrappinlil said...

Very pretty card..love the colors..going to check out more of your work..TFS